China The Times
August 02, 2014, 11:25:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search GoogleTagged Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Under Attack!!!  (Read 2868 times)
The Smoking Man
Administrator
Dork with No Life to Speak of

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2006, 03:38:52 PM »

It seems the dear lady shan, aka Joyce has been the victim of a 'self styled olde China hand'.

From his position as a businessman in Calgary, Canada, he has seen fit over the last couple of years to begin to write articles for publication on ESL sites warning of Scam Schools in China.

It seems he took exception to the wording in one of shan's ads and immediately condemned her as a scam artist:

#2- This is a nice one.  The only required qualification is your being foolish enough to accept this position.  Beware of ‘ilovebluefish’.

little star English training school <ilovebluefish@yahoo.com.cn>

Requirements for the teacher: Native English speaker, female, who is willing to take the position.

more ...

Teachers who had been placed by her began to write in to support her and he then began to say that they were all, in reality, Chinese employees of a scam artist.

The debate has been going for a couple of days now right here:
http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/review/index.pl

This is her liveliehood folks!!!

She has been doing this for 6 or 7 years without a complaint and this guy takes exception to her wording on a single ad and basically cruicifies her by putting it into a document that will probably end up sent around the internet to everyone who is searching for a job.

You'll also have seen shan's work right here on this site.

Right here:

http://www.chinathetimes.com/xudashan/

If you want to see this Larry Romanoff's site, have a look at this:

http://www.bearcanada.com/

Yes, that's right ... He's a fucking recruiter now and moving to Shanghai where shan is his competition!!!

smilenator

smoker Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
The Statutory Ape

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 05:33:30 PM »

So is there anything we can do to help her?

"Don't you know there aint no devil?  There's just god when he's drunk."  Tom Waits - Heartattack and Vine
The Smoking Man
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 05:45:47 PM »

So is there anything we can do to help her?
Only a couple of people can help ... the ones that have dealt with her in the past.

Other than that, it's here as a warning about this guy.

If he did this in the USA, he'd be liable for a libel suit.

Since we're in China, and he's curently in Canada, there's not much we can do.

smoker Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
The Statutory Ape

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 06:19:58 PM »

After I took a closer look I realized that there probably wasn't much I could do aside from look like an ass since I don't even have any qualifications to be posting on there.  I was thinking that maybe he had a guest book on his site that we could bomb. Angel

What a lucky bastard you are.  She sounds like a wonderful woman.

"Don't you know there aint no devil?  There's just god when he's drunk."  Tom Waits - Heartattack and Vine
Polly
Administrator

Hong Kong

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 06:31:03 PM »

Grin Yeah lucky bastard! (emphasis on "bastard"  Angel)  Anyone she can fix me up with?  I am willing to travel  Flower Child

Angel

Smiley Please join our forum, we are nice people.  Smokie is stationed in China, Art is Irish, Drive By is Aussie, Leon is from somewhere and Shan and I are Chinese.  We were mostly dissidents of another forum, that's how we met.  Truth interests us.
The Smoking Man
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 07:47:03 PM »

Looks like it's backfiring on him.

Shan received this thanks to the support she got ...

Dear Joyce:

Hi, our names are XXXX and XXXXX XXXXX.  We are currently teaching in Monterrey,Mexico.  The previous two years we taught in China.  We have taught in Changhouz, Jiangsu and Chaozhou, Guangdong.  We have taught at both private schools (language centre) and government schools.  We would like to teach at a government school.

I got you email address from the website eslteachersboard, there was quite the discussion about you.  You have some great friends from Canada and the United States that support you.  That is why I am emailing you.

We are a married couple.  We are from Ontario, Canada.  We live two hours from Toronto, Ontario.

I have enclosed our resumes, introduction letter and a photo.  I trust this is satisfactory and we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours truly,

XXXXX & XXXXX XXXXX

It's true what Oscar Wilde wrote ... The only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being talked about!!!

Banger

Art

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 08:25:53 PM »

Not sure why you attacked Mikey, TSM. He was supporting you!! His comments were directed at Larry.
Polly
Administrator

Hong Kong

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 08:31:32 PM »

Angry  Hey! does anyone even read my post?  I demand to be noticed!!!!! Angry

Cheesy

Smiley Please join our forum, we are nice people.  Smokie is stationed in China, Art is Irish, Drive By is Aussie, Leon is from somewhere and Shan and I are Chinese.  We were mostly dissidents of another forum, that's how we met.  Truth interests us.
The Smoking Man
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 08:51:18 PM »

It was the implication that the people defending her ... me ... were somehow in error for making too strong an argument.

Actually, he and I wrote a few emails back and forth and tried to get me to admit I wanted to punch Larry's lights out.

I figure Larry will get his just desserts when he gets here and has to 'adjust'.

Art

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 09:05:54 PM »

Looks like it's backfiring on him.

Shan received this thanks to the support she got ...

Dear Joyce:

Hi, our names are XXXX and XXXXX XXXXX.  We are currently teaching in Monterrey,Mexico.  The previous two years we taught in China.  We have taught in Changhouz, Jiangsu and Chaozhou, Guangdong.  We have taught at both private schools (language centre) and government schools.  We would like to teach at a government school.

I got you email address from the website eslteachersboard, there was quite the discussion about you.  You have some great friends from Canada and the United States that support you.  That is why I am emailing you.

We are a married couple.  We are from Ontario, Canada.  We live two hours from Toronto, Ontario.

I have enclosed our resumes, introduction letter and a photo.  I trust this is satisfactory and we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours truly,

XXXXX & XXXXX XXXXX

It's true what Oscar Wilde wrote ... The only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being talked about!!!

Banger
Or it's Larry checking her out.  Grin
Art

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 09:09:39 PM »

It was the implication that the people defending her ... me ... were somehow in error for making too strong an argument.

Actually, he and I wrote a few emails back and forth and tried to get me to admit I wanted to punch Larry's lights out.

I figure Larry will get his just desserts when he gets here and has to 'adjust'.
If that's how you treat your supporters let's just say the world is grateful that you do not have your finger on the nuclear button. lol  Grin
The Smoking Man
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 01:08:09 AM »

Also, he did edit the post after the fact ... Guess I should have mentioned that, eh?

The Smoking Man
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 10:50:18 PM »

As an addendum ... a teacher just flew in last night to take the post at the school from the ad that this Larry Romanoff Asshole condemned.

Drive By

I am a dragon!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 08:42:45 AM »

larry isnt a bad bloke he was a silent parnter in my 'gooder english schools' franchise before we went bankrupt.he spoke excellent english for a canadian but always insisted on wearing a jacket with a maple leaf no the back of it in class. i ahd to have a serious man to man chat with him then take hinm out the back of the school and give him a flogging before he stopped wearing it. he is now considering financially backing me in my new venture of training chinese how to speak Australian.
The Smoking Man
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 09:05:26 AM »

"Everybody. Ni Hao ... G'day, Mate"

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: